Subject: Re: HOT! READ For OpelGL Used By NewTek At NAB
From: Ivan Sinclair <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 16:38:03 -0700

At 05:27 PM 4/22/96 -0400, you wrote:
>William Leventry wrote:
>> 
>> On Mon, 22 Apr 1996 11:52:18 -0700, you wrote:
>> >The OpenGL card is priced at $5000 (MSRP).   Yes that is correct $5000.  =
>> > The card is twice as fast as any other card on the open market ( pun <SNIP>
>
>I just found out from a friend with the Millenium card, That Truspace 
>will render in REAL TIME with it, evendely it has some special code in 
>the program just for that card. It wont do bump maps in ral time though. 
>may not be LW but it is intresting

If you're talking about 3DR then the Matrox card has 3DR drivers only for
Windows 3.1. OpenGL is a much better way to go anyway. Also, Truespace
itself is 16 bit and kind of like a kid's toy compared to Lightwave. Cute
interface though...;-)

BTW...the Matrox card is very nice with LW. (on topic remark).

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Ivan Sinclair - Softwords Research Int'l - Web Team Lead
[email-masked] -  http://vvv.com/ - http://www.swifty.com/
     "Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn."
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>